Monday, November 1, 2010

Update from Hawthorne

Just a quick update to let you know that the new New Seasons market on Hawthorne has opened.  Instead of going with the model used by Whole Foods in the Hollywood District, ie: retail on the ground floor and several floors of condos above; the new New Seasons went with the old Fred Meyer model, ie: retail on the ground floor and parking on the roof.  But, wait!  I can hear your cries of outrage already!  What about a green roof?!?!  I mean, this is Portland, people! 

I’ll have to examine this further.  I can’t tell what they are doing with their runoff water.  But, by gum, I’ll find out.

Oh, and I haven’t actually been in the store yet.  They do claim to be the friendliest alternative grocery store in town though, so maybe they won’t mind my urgent questions about green roofs too terribly much.

I’ll let you know, because you shouldn’t have to wait with bated breath for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment