Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lloyd Cinema stuff

What is happening in the Lloyd Cinema parking lot???

I DON'T KNOW!

There is construction fencing around almost the whole thing and giant equipment is digging up the pavement.  It looks very much like there is a large building planned for the space.  It's being dug up in the north-west corner of the lot (by the bus stop).

If they were smart, they would invest in a pay parking lot.  Tons of people park there to take the Max to work or to walk to their jobs in the Lloyd District.  Illegally park there, I might add.  I can be sanctimonious about it since I don't do it...  :-)  But, really, if you think about it, they can charge anywhere from $5 to $12 per day, and an attendant would only cost about $80 per day.  If they put in spaces for say, 300 cars, it would make money hand over fist.

Not sure what is going on, but believe me, I'll be keeping an eye on this one!


2 comments:

  1. They should make an underground parking garage for the movie theater and pay to park for the max users. And then put more shops on top.
    I'm not a fan of perfectly good city real estate being taken by a giant parking lot. I like under ground for that ugliness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, but since it's just a surface lot anyway it might be an improvement. Not that a parking garage would be an improvement, but something other than a field of asphalt... you know?

    ReplyDelete